1. Data Collection and Storage
As our plugins are installed and hosted on your own WordPress website, we do not collect or store any of your Instagram or Facebook Platform Data as described in the Facebook Platform Terms (Platform Terms 3(e)). On your WordPress site, only the data you request for us to store is stored (encrypted), and it is stored only for the time period you select for it to be stored for (once this time period passes, it will be automatically deleted). You can permanently, and instantly delete all Platform Data at any time via the “Delete All Platform Data” button in the settings panel and through additional methods including uninstalling the plugin at any time. We do not collect any data from the visitors to your website or send any Platform Data to us or any third party at any time.
2. Types of Data Processed
When you use our plugin to connect to Facebook, the following data is returned from their platform and processed by the plugin:
- A list of the Facebook pages that you manage.
- An access token for your Facebook account.
- Information posted to the Facebook page which you choose to connect in the plugin, by you or others, such as posts, photos, videos, and other similar content.
3. Purpose of Processed Data
The purpose of processing the data listed above in section 2 is as follows:
- A list of the Facebook pages are used to allow you to select which of your pages you wish to connect in the plugin.
- An access token for your account is used to connect to the Facebook API to retrieve content for the page that you have connected. The access token is granted the permissions that you choose to allow when authenticating the app.
- Information from your Facebook page is used to display your feed and allow the plugin to function as intended.
4. Permission Model: Grant of Least Access
The plugin is built to be “read only” and so is not able to publish any data to, or edit any data on, the Facebook platform. The plugin can only display your Facebook content and is not able to publish to Facebook or access your Facebook account in any way other than as “read only”. It does not allow you to like or comment on content, edit or delete photos, or perform any of the other actions that the Facebook platform allows.
5. Removal of Platform Data
You can permanently, and instantly delete all Platform Data at any time via the “Delete All Platform Data” button in the settings panel and through additional methods including uninstalling the plugin at any time.
6. Third Party APIs
Our products utilize, and are enabled by, various third party APIs such as those from Facebook. Any data retrieved using these APIs is strictly restricted to the site on which our products are installed. This data is stored in the database that is used by the site where the product is installed.
The Facebook API, which is used by our products, may collect usage data. You can visit the Data Policy page for the Facebook API for more information about how the API may collect or use your data:
Cookies are used to handle the connection between your browser and your Facebook account when authorizing your account. The cookies are stored locally on your computer. The plugin does not store cookies on your visitors computers.
8. Changes to this Policy
Effective: 12 Sep 2023